The Regional Assistance Mission to Solomon Islands (RAMSI) is seeking designs for a RAMSI-inspired tropical shirt that will be worn by the Leaders of the 15 Pacific Islands Forum nations during the RAMSI farewell celebrations hosted by the Solomon Islands Government in Honiara in June this year.
This could be the break that a budding Solomon Islands fashion designer needs to become recognised internationally.
Entries close on midday on Monday 1 May 2017.
Rules and conditions
– Open to individuals and businesses
– Maximum three designs per person/business
– Designs must be inspired by the Regional Assistance Mission to Solomon Islands (RAMSI). The inspiration could come from the RAMSI logo, the regional nature (15 countries) of RAMSI, RAMSI’s motto: ‘Helpem Fren’, or the work of RAMSI over the last 14 years (three pillars: law and justice, economic governance and machinery of government) in Solomon Islands. For additional inspiration, visit the RAMSI web site at www.ramsi.org.
– The designs should be suitable for screen-printing
– The intellectual property rights of the winning design will rest with RAMSI. RAMSI will have exclusive rights to and use of the design. The designer will be required to sign a consent form acknowledging this.
– RAMSI may or may not consult the winning designer during the shirt production phase.
– Entries should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or posted to Office of the Special Coordinator, PO Box 1931, Honiara – Attention: Evelyn and Ellen.
– All submissions should include the name and contact details of the designer.
– Entries must be received before midday on Monday 1 May 2017.
– The winning design will be selected by a panel of judges that will include representatives from the RAMSI Office of the Special Coordinator, the Solomon Islands Government, and the fashion industry.
– The judges will consider the association to RAMSI, as well as the originality and creativity of the design. Preference may be given to designs submitted by Solomon Islanders.
– RAMSI will acknowledge the winning designer and design through a small award ceremony, a media release, during the Farewell celebrations, and through a formal certificate and letter of appreciation.
– The designer and one family member will also be invited to join the celebrations to witness the Leaders wearing their winning shirt design.
By submitting a design, song (lyrics and music), poem, video, story, comment and/or photographic image to the Regional Assistance Mission to Solomon Islands (RAMSI), I confirm that I am the original author of these works and I hereby:
– grant the RAMSI a permanent, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, non-exclusive right to use, re-use, publish, re-publish my design, song (lyrics and music), poem, video, story, comment and/or photographic image, in whole or in part, in any medium, now or at any time in the future for any related purpose of RAMSI
– acknowledge and consent as the author to RAMSI, at its sole discretion, modify, alter, copy, edit, add to and adapting the design, song (lyrics and music), poem, video, story, comment and/or photographic image; release RAMSI from any proceeding, claim, or demand by me or anyone on my behalf arising from the use of my design, song (lyrics and music), poem, video, story, comment and/or photographic image, and
– acknowledge and agree that my design, song (lyrics and music), poem, video, story, comment and/or photographic image and associated personal information collected on this form will be stored by RAMSI on an electronic database and may be used by RAMSI for any related purpose”.